A roadmap to multifunctional and resilient landscapes: the adaptation to global change through Blue and Green Infrastructure Networks (BGINs)
SAVE THE DATE!
On behalf of the Organising Committee, we are pleased to invite you to take part in the Final Congress of the ALICE Interreg project, which will take place in an online, virtual format during the days 16 and 17 of March 2021.
Ecosystem structure and function provide goods and services related to agriculture, forestry, fisheries or tourism that are crucial for human well-being. Changes in landscapes due to climate or socioeconomic drivers exert a profound impact on biodiversity and on the delivery of key ecosystem services that may hamper sustainable development and welfare of local populations in the near future.
Therefore, there is an urgent need for adaptation to global change effects. Integrative management approaches in which land use, land cover and climate-change scenarios are assessed and evaluated with relevant stakeholders will allow defining multifunctional and resilient landscapes. These will grant the delivery of benefits from investments in Blue and Green Infrastructures designed to halt biodiversity losses, assure basic ecosystem services supply and to reach a sustainable development.
Three special sessions will be held:
- Session 1 – Towards an intelligent landscape management: understanding the evolution of ecosystems
- Session 2 – Towards an intelligent landscape management: understanding the evolution of ecosystems
- Session 3 – Participatory learning for territory management
- Session 4 – BGINs implementation: barriers and solutions across the Atlantic area
Sessions will focus on the following topics:
- Remote sensing and data processing for biodiversity characterization.
- Land Use-Land Cover Change (LULCC) modelling and global change scenarios.
- Integrated modelling of ecosystem services in dynamic socio ecological systems.
- Participatory learning approaches.
- Design of Blue and Green Infrastructure Networks (BGINs).
- Adaptation to climate change and land use change through the implementation of BGINs.
- Drivers and barriers for BGIN implementation.
Registration details and congress agenda will be provided to registered attendees.